Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bees Saal Baad

20 in 4 days. I'd always thought that I'd die before I turned 20. Apparently not.

I've transformed into an urban tourist. Been roaming around Delhi through these vacations. Discovered amazing non-vegetarian food almost everywhere: Nizam's at Connaught Place, Kababs at the steps of Jama Masjid, Chilly Pork at Kamala Nagar, Chilly Beef at Tibetan Refugee Colony.
Delhi, outside of being home, always gives me the feeling of living history. Connaught Place, so quintessentially British; the colonies of South Delhi, where the generation that experienced the partition and witnessed the growth of Delhi is gradually kicking the bucket; Delhi-6, where each gali, each corner, has its own story to tell; Aurangzeb Road, where those who frequent the corridors of power reside.
It's been a while though. Damn heat.

5 comments:

Wandermust said...

Nizam's does not have great roles, you were too drunk that day :P. Seriously, though, Chowringhee roles are much better, any day.

Sam said...

*gasp* Bachcha, you're nearly TWO years older than your mommy!!
And Ipsh, what roles?

Abdaal said...

She probably means "rolls"

Radhika Chitkara said...

Just for the record (and i do love correcting you whenever i can: a glory most would want to share with me), when you talk about the partition-generation, you really should talk about west delhi or north delhi, really, more than south delhi.
rest, well, bravo!

Wandermust said...

I did mean rolls. It's das, how could I not make mistakes around his holiness?