Friday, June 05, 2009

307,BH-3

Taking a cue from Sam's blog, here's my ode to the hostel.
NALSAR seems more home now. Everyone who knows me well enough is aware of the fact that I used to stay in Vasant Vihar till 2003. I moved to my present location, Kaushambi, after that. Through 2003 to 2008, I never cared to interact with people around here. To be honest, outside of the 1500 Sq Feet of my home, this place was never home. I always looked at it as a temporary existence, one that'll be over soon.
And then came NALSAR.

It was like moving from 14 to 19 straightaway. NALSAR brings back everything that I lost by moving from Vasant Vihar. Great friends, a lot of fun in life and a general sense of satisfaction and happiness. It has reduced my 'Dilliwalla' attitude a lot(Read: Levels of anger have reduced drastically, become more patient and tolerant).
It has brought to me something almost akin to Delhi: Hyderabad.

What I truly value about NALSAR is BH-3, more specifically, 307. It's not only Abdaal and me. It's every close friend of mine(who drops by daily; 307 is the hub of all activities). It's long nights spent listening to music, watching movies or just randomly chatting. It is a space I call my own. It is an address I wish I can remember and preserve forever.
And yes, it is also the room that brought 'Gunda' to me.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Ya, I think not having friends in the building is a screw up. All of mine live at least 25 minutes away. I see what you mean. 8 days to go... :D